Sunday, October 2, 2011

Farm Digs



As promised, here are some pictures of my new lovely workspace!
This is my workspace
This is what my office is located in. We are the door on the left. (We have a really good sign)

This is a farm stand that is to the left of my trailer. They sell all sorts of produce and fresh eggs.
Eggs that come from these silly chickens
The farm is a lot bigger than what I have in the photos. They have an orchard, a learning garden for the middle school that is next to us and a cobb oven to back pizzas in. Oh and most importantly here is the new farm dog.
She is going to be a really great farm dog and has already started looking for squirrels and ground hogs. I brought her to work to introduce her to the farm. When it was time to leave she refused to leave the trailer. When she finally came out of the trailer she realized I wanted her to get in the car so she turned around and went back in the trailer. I had to leash her to get her to leave. She really loves the farm. Probably for the mass amount of wood chips and squirrels. She won't be able to come on any of the school field trips though because all the kids will want to do will be to pet her.
All the kids want to do is pet animals. Their main questions about the farm are "what animals are there on the farm? Can we pet the animals? Will the dog be on the farm? Do you know the farm dog?" The funny thing is there aren't any animals on the farm and only one of the farms has a dog. One kid showed me his hand, which had a scratch on it, and told me he got the scratch from a wolf. Kids say the darndest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment