Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crafts Time!


After an unbelievably torturous time at Ikea today, I indulged in some crafts. A quick disclaimer though..... Californians love their Ikea. It was a mad house there. I know it was Saturday afternoon and all, but Ikea has been open here for centuries (it's a fact, I checked). We stood in line so long that I went and bought ice cream, we ate it, and still weren't checked out. Jeez. But while waiting in the most epic line ever I heard my new favorite quote that I will use forever and ever. A little girls said to here mom "I want to eat what I smell", at the time there was fresh baking cinnamon rolls being wafted through the entire check out area. Probably to make everyone more crazy then there already were, like pumping oxygen through the vents in Vegas. Pretty much the same thing. Anyways, thanks kid for the great quote.
The whole point of going to Ikea was to get me a desk/table to put my sewing machine on so it can be out in the open, always. I am pretty juiced to have my own arts and crafts table!
It's so glamourous.....

Oh and you can see what I made today, that pillow looking thing on the left. I made it out of an old t-shirt because I had a little bit of stuffing left over. But, like the cool kid I am there wasn't enough stuffing to complete the pillow and thus will have to buy another bag and once again be stuck with an awkward amount of stuffing. I will let you know how long this cycle lasts.
Here is the front of the pillow.

And here is the back!

I know this is really thrilling stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment